Saturday 21 May 2011

One Day: Page 42

"Em, I hate thinking of you sitting in that awful flat with the weird smells and noises and the overhead lightbulbs or sat in the launderette, and by the way there's no reason in this day and age why you should be using a launderette, there's nothing cool or political about launderette's, it's just depressing.
I don't know, Em, you're young, you're practically a genius, and yet your idea of a good time is to treat yourself to a service wash. Well I think you deserve more.

You are smart and funny and kind (too kind if you ask me) and by far the cleverest person I know.
And (am drinking more beer here - deep breath)
you are also a Very Attractive Woman. And (more beer) yes I do mean "sexy" as well, though I feel a bit sick writing it down. Well I'm not going to scribble it out because it's politically incorrect to call someone "sexy" because it is also TRUE.

You're gorgeous, you old hag, and if I could give you just one gift ever, for the rest of you life it would be this.
Confidence.
It would be the gift of Confidence.
Either that... or a scented candle..."

Dexter Mayhew - One Day

No comments:

Post a Comment