Monday 24 October 2011

Sven


Tonight, we found out the news that Leicester City have sacked Sven Goran-Eriksson with immediate effect.
Also, Derek Fazackerley has also gone.

I'm not shocked as such, but I am quite surprised that it's so soon into the new season.
I knew that if our form hadn't improved by Christmas, that he'd be gone.
But, I never expected it to be now.
In many ways I think it's a little too early to judge.
It has only been 13 games and we're 13th in the table, and 2 points off of the playoff places, 5 points off of an automatic promotion place.
When you look at it that way, it seems very unfair, which is some ways, it is.
But, if you look at it, that in 13 games, we've only managed to get 19 points...
That's also not great.

We're lacking a lot of consistency.
We need to be winning games on the trot, we need unbeaten runs, we need to be winning at home.
No-one should have the right to come to our stadium and embarrass us on our turf.

I really liked Sven, I think he's polite, friendly, passionate and a Gentleman.
Do I think he was right for LCFC?
In some ways, yes.
But not completely.

I'd like to see a Manager like Martin O'Neill, if not the man himself... (fingers crossed)
I want a Manager with fire in his belly.
Who wants to win.
Who loves Leicester.
Who clenches his fist and jumps up and down when we score.
It's been a while since we've had that.
Sven's a lovely man, but he's very quiet.

I wish him every success and piece of good luck for the Future, wherever he goes.
He'll always be welcomed back to the King Power Stadium with open arms from 99% of the Foxes Fans.
I think the team really let him down, but you do have to wonder... why did we look so tired and lackluster?
Why didn't we play right under his management?

Onwards and upwards though.
Lots of rumours about a new boss... lots of names flying about.
Let's see who we get.

Sven-Goran Eriksson

No comments:

Post a Comment