Sunday 27 November 2011

R.I.P. Gary Speed

We had a beautiful dinner today, it was gammon.
Unfortunately, the news I heard after dinner was not so beautiful.

I'm sad to write that footballing legend, Gary Speed has died, aged 42 years old.
Another young life sadly taken.

The terrible thing about this case, is Gary Speed didn't die of a heart attack, or an accident, which would be bad enough... but Gary Speed took his own life.
He was found this morning, hanged in his own house.
There was no suspicious circumstances... it was suicide.

Sometimes, the happiest seeming people in life are the saddest, loneliest people.
They need to remember though, that YOU are NEVER alone.
There will always be someone who cares enough to listen.

I have Family members who struggle with depression.
I, in the past have struggled with Anxiety disorders and mild depression myself, and I pride myself on being a happy person.

You never know what someone feels, what they're thinking or what kind of mindset they're really in.

PLEASE, if you are reading this and you, yourself struggle with depression.
Talk to someone about it, let them help you, message me if you want.
I'll listen.
Someone ALWAYS will.

R.I.P.
*Gary Speed*
8 September 1969 – 26/27th November 2011
My thoughts and love go out to his two young children,
family, friends and colleagues.
Passed away: Wales boss Gary Speed has died at the age of 42


The Swansea & Aston Villa team pay their respects for Gary.

No comments:

Post a Comment