Saturday 23 July 2011

Well, I came back last night from my week in Cornwall, with the Family.
It was lovely.
It was just so, so nice to get away for a week and spend time somewhere else.


Cornwall is the most beautiful place, full of idyllic areas to visit and such lovely scenery. 
The beaches are golden, the seas are blue and it doesn't get much better than that.

Unfortunately, the weather wasn't spectacular whilst we were there, but we still made the most of it and had a lovely time.

On Saturday, we arrived and then went Grocery shopping, settled into the Bungalow in the most beautiful Manor Country Park i've seen. We then went for a walk around the park.

Sunday, we went to Boscastle (which is where the floods took place in 2004), Tintagel and Port Isaacs.
All three places were lovely, despite the rain.

Monday, we went to Padstow and Wadesbridge.
Padstow was a beautiful little dockside town!
And Wadesbridge was very nice and quaint too.

Tuesday, we decided to go to Newquay, which was the day I was most excited for.
We've been to Newquay before and I loved it there.
We went to Healey's Cyder Farm first and then on to Newquay second.
We looked around the town and centre and then we went to the beach and Mum and I had a little paddle =]

On Wednesday, we went to Bodmin and St. Austell which was nice, but rainy again.

Thursday was a lovely, lovely day.
We went to a place called Bude.
And it was so pretty, there was lots of things to do.
Lots of shops, lots of cafe's and places to eat.
A beautiful castle and crazy golf to play =]
Then we went to the beach for a couple of hours, paddled, wandered about and just chilled.

Friday, we drove around, found nothing to do unfortunately again, because of the rain.
So we went back to the bungalow, packed up and had some lunch.
Took one last look around and headed home on the four hour journey.

I was sad to leave, because it was my first holiday in six years, and I love it in Cornwall...
BUT, I was so excited to be home.
My own bed... my internet... my xbox... tv... comfy chairs... familiar neighbourhood and my friends =]

No comments:

Post a Comment